- Concept was to see both world and augmentation through “glasses” at the same time: here stream from camera + 3D graphics
- Camera detects markers.
- Position/Orientation tracking on glasses.
- Fast forward to Google Glass and SnapChat Spectacles
AR and Cultural Heritage
- Mixing Virtual and Real Scenes in the site of ancient Pompei – George Papagiannakis, et al. 2005
- Issues: aligning real and augmented objects, markers v. markerless AR, GPS
Augmented Reality Pop-up Book by Dr. Helen Papagiannis, May 2011 from Augmented Stories on Vimeo.
Go Back Fetch it by Charity Everett 2018/9
Also of interest:
- AR in action
- Here are some current projects at AR/VR in Cultural Heritage in Italy
- ARVR Women